[ad#mold1]It’s important to react quickly the moment you notice any mold. Mold grows so fast, that it only takes between 24 and 48 hours to be mature enough to propagate. A week of mold can cause a lot of damage to surfaces and items, not to mention the health hazards that it poses. This article will give you tips on how to deal with black mold.
First, it important to know that black mold does not come as a result of any kind of dirt. Whether clean of dirty, your home can get black mold. It comes because of damp and humid conditions, so anything from leaky pipes to water that wasn’t dried off properly, to flooding or burst pipes can lead to black mold.
Secondly, I already mentioned the rate at which black mold grows. If it starts now, in 24 – 48 hours, you can safely say that you have a black mold problem. You need to react very swiftly the moment you notice it. The problem is that it may be in places we don’t look every day and so will keep multiplying without our knowledge.
You need to get rid of the spores and to do this, you can use bleach or disinfectant to wipe the entire affected area. Once you have applied the bleach, make sure that you dry out the area completely so that the mold doesn’t recur.
If you find that the black mold is spreading and has covered large areas, its wise to call a mold remover – they use specialized chemicals to get rid of the mold.
If there are certain spots in your home that suffer this mold frequently, you might want to investigate the source of the moisture so that you can get rid of the problem permanently.
You can use dehumidifiers to make sure that the area gets dry and also that the mold doesn’t spread. Air purifiers also come in handy for removing all contaminants from the air. You can use your vacuum cleaner to deal with small amounts of black mold, but remember to treat it for black mold after that. Don’t use it on any other area in the house until you do.
A steam cleaner also does a perfect job of sucking up the mold, but just like the vacuum cleaner, you must treat if for black mold before you can use in other places.
The bottom line to avoiding the growth of any kind of mold or mildew in your house is to ensure that surfaces and items remain dry as much as possible. In areas that are hardly used, you should look in regularly to make sure that you don’t have growths of any kind in the room. If you have a spillage, maybe from a burst pipe or flooding, you should drain the water right away, and then dry the area completely.